The evaluation area I assesses the procedures which support student-centred, working-life oriented planning, implementation and enhancement of education, which is based on research or artistic activities.
Based on the audit team’s evaluation, evaluation area I is at the level good.
The audit team identified the following key strengths and recommendations:
- At the University of Eastern Finland (UEF), there is a high level of commitment to teaching and competence development of students.
- The planning of education is a coherent and transparent process that is clearly linked to the university strategy.
- Open and flexible degree programmes provide students with multiple opportunities to acquire individual competence profiles.
- The inclusion of all students and especially international students as well as doctoral researchers as full members of the community should be further developed.
- UEF should involve more external stakeholders in the process when revising existing study programmes.
- UEF opens many choices and individual learning paths for students. For this, students need appropriate support in designing their learning paths. The information available at UEF on students’ learning activities and learning outcomes should be linked more coherently and used extensively to support students.