The evaluation area II assesses the procedures used to manage and improve societal engagement, strengthen the impact of the HEI’s research, development and innovation as well as artistic activities, and support an innovative organisational culture.
Based on the audit team’s evaluation, evaluation area II is at the level good.
The audit team identified the following key strengths and recommendations:
- UEF has a well-known strategy and fosters multidisciplinary research communities together with aligned support.
- UEF has strong regional connections. There is a lot of evidence of societal engagement and regional development. UEF actively listens to external stakeholders with ties to the university.
- UEF understands impact broadly. The recent hired a director of impact is a sign of their focus on this area.
- UEF should strengthen structures related to societal participation and the creation of partnerships, including processes for societal engagement especially with those unfamiliar with the university.
- UEF should develop a more systematic way to measure societal engagement and set goals for it. This includes setting up a clear communication plan for impact-related activities as well as a more visible alumni network. UEF should also set targets for the impact of UEF’s research.
- UEF should use international networks, like Young Universities for the Future of Europe (YUFE), more actively for development and capacity building.