Evaluation area I assesses the procedures which support student-centred, working-life oriented planning, implementation and enhancement of education, which is based on research or artistic activities.
Based on the audit team’s evaluation, Evaluation Area I is at the level good.
The audit team identified the following as key strengths and recommendations:
- Education at Lappeenranta-Lahti University of Technology systematically reflects the university’s strategy.
- Teachers use a competence-based approach and align their courses in accordance with the learning outcomes.
- International accreditations have enhanced quality assurance on the degree level sustainably and contributed to the development of a quality culture.
- The university should continue to work to improve the role of course evaluations in their quality system.
- The university should ensure participation by international students in Finland in the planning and development of the curricula.
- The university should develop a concept for the creation of double degree programmes with strategic partners abroad in order to further enhance the planning and development of double degree programmes.