The evaluation area II assesses the procedures used to manage and improve societal engagement, strengthen the impact of the HEI’s research, development and innovation as well as artistic activities, and support an innovative organisational culture.
Based on the audit team’s evaluation, the evaluation area II is at the level excellent.
The audit team identified the following as the main strengths and recommendations:
- The Living strategy process is an enabler of immediate and agile delivery of societal impact, which is ensured and deepened by multi-layered, ecosystem-based collaboration and constant dialogue with external stakeholders.
- Cross-cutting approaches are commendable, particularly in areas of sustainable development and entrepreneurship.
- Aalto’s organisational culture encourages experimentation and co-development with colleagues and external partners, creating excellent conditions for a creative atmosphere and innovations.
- Aalto should further clarify how the impact is defined and continue to develop quantitative and qualitative indicators to capture societal impact.
- Aalto should incorporate radical creativity into capturing the impact and visibility of artistic activities.
- Aalto should strengthen and systematise its alumni cooperation.