The evaluation area II assesses the procedures used to manage and improve societal engagement, strengthen the impact of the HEI’s research, development and innovation as well as artistic activities, and support an innovative organisational culture.
Based on the audit team’s evaluation, the evaluation area II is at the level good.
The audit team identified the following as the main strengths and recommendations:
- Metropolia has a clear focus on the aims and results of societal impact. The societal impact is firmly rooted in Metropolia’s strategy.
- Metropolia has shown a capacity for bold renewal actions. A good example is the rearrangement of the HEI’s campus structure.
- The organisational structure is geared for concrete innovation within focus areas, which have been selected considering sustainable development and in accordance with regional actors.
- The growing number of focus areas increases the risk of poor consistency.
Realistic resource planning is vital for ensuring sufficient resources for strategic actions.
- Metropolia should further support active two-way communication to share practices of streamlined information.
- The new campus infrastructures could be used even more in promoting Metropolia for attracting talented staff and motivated students.