The evaluation area II assesses the procedures used to manage and improve societal engagement, strengthen the impact of the HEI’s research, development and innovation as well as artistic activities, and support an innovative organisational culture.
Based on the audit team’s evaluation, the evaluation area II is at the level good.
The audit team identified the following as the main strengths and recommendations:
- HAMK has an ambitious strategy for enhancing its societal engagement and impact which is supported by its management system, appropriate processes, and a highly committed board.
- HAMK has succeeded in creating an inspiring and innovative organisational culture, which engages both staff and students, and interacts systematically with the local and regional stakeholders.
- HAMK diligently sets the direction of its societal engagement and renewal activities through the involvement of internal and external stakeholders.
- To solidify its societal relevance and impact, further development of systematically monitored and maintained relationships with regional and local interactors, focusing on competence and solution-driven collaboration is to be maintained.
- Design Factory should be used to foster dialogue and co-creation as well as transdisciplinary and societal learning within all HAMK.
- HAMK should actively seek and define impact indicators to strengthen the relevance of its societal engagement.