The evaluation area III assesses the functioning and development of the quality system and how the system is used in strategic management. The procedures used to support the competence development and well-being of the staff are also assessed.
Based on the audit team’s evaluation, the evaluation area III is at the level good.
The audit team identified the following as the main strengths and recommendations:
- Metropolia has a clear strategy, and it is well-known among employees. The quality system is based on the setting of strategic objectives.
- Metropolia has an open and participatory quality culture, underlined by the unique position of a dialogue manager. Quality management covers education, RDI and societal impact.
- Metropolia’s aim to put people first is reflected in its actions. The HEI offers a comprehensive and impressive range of well-being activities and support for its employees.
- Metropolia should reduce the complexity of the quality management system and communicate goals, instruments, and roles distribution with the staff more intensive.
- The audit team supports all of Metropolia’s staff development and well-being efforts. As part of staff competence development, Metropolia should identify the competences needed, especially in the new area of strategic innovation hubs, where a new way of thinking and acting is required.
- Metropolia has done good branding work and is an attractive employer. Metropolia’s external perception and visibility should be continuing improved to gain best national and international applicants.