Evaluation area IV assesses an area selected by the HEI where it wishes to receive feedback for the enhancement of its activities.
The audit team identified the following as key strengths and recommendations:
- The Work&Study model responds appropriately to the needs of future education, working life and continuous learning. The model is well in line with Haaga-Helia’s profile and strategic goals.
- The model serves competence-based learning and provides tools to meet competence development needs in the future. The methods of the model support the achievement of the goals set for it.
- Haaga-Helia actively and continuously develops the model based on received feedback. The process of developing the model supports the innovative organisational culture of Haaga-Helia.
- The standards and implementation of the Work&Study model should be harmonized to ensure transparent and equal criteria for the recognition of competences. More concrete criteria for the type of work and work environment suitable for the model could support this as well.
- Haaga-Helia should ensure that participating companies are committed to implementing the model in accordance with the competence goals defined for the courses and contribute to guiding the students in a way that supports the development of competence.
- Haaga-Helia should invest in the development of personnel skills to ensure equal and uniform application of Work&Study. Adequate workload for teachers who are guiding the process should be considered.