Evaluation area I assesses the procedures which support student-centred, work life-oriented planning, implementation, and enhancement of education, which is based on research or artistic activities.
Based on the audit team’s evaluation, the evaluation area I is at the level good.
The audit team identified the following as key strengths and recommendations:
- The University of Ljubljana (UL) has good initiatives to enhance education, including institutional-, faculty- and academy-level projects.
- The collection of student feedback is rigorous. Students have many ways to give feedback and feedback is used to improve activities. The student voice is well heard at the university.
- The tutoring system is widely appreciated by the students.
- The university should streamline its structures for the enhancement of education. Parallel structures at the faculty, academy and university levels cause unnecessary complexity and ineffectiveness in the system.
- The university should ensure that actions are taken, and the quality loop is closed on institution-wide quality challenges, such as drop-outs.
- The university needs to adopt a strategic and systematic approach to the pedagogical development of its academic staff, providing competence development opportunities for teachers across all academic levels. To remain at the forefront, criteria should be established for the monitoring of teachers’ professional development.