Evaluation area III assesses the functioning and development of the quality system and how the system is used in strategic management. The procedures used to support the competence development and wellbeing of the staff are also assessed.
Based on the audit team’s evaluation, the evaluation area III is at the level good.
The audit team identified the following as key strengths and recommendations:
- The quality system is linked to the implementation of the strategy at the levels of the university, faculties, academies, and services. Dedicated instruments, such as the institutional strategic plan and action plans, annual reporting, and self-assessments, ensure a systematic institutional approach to quality assurance and enhancement.
- The University of Ljubljana’s quality system respects the diversity of faculties and academies.
- The university provides opportunities for staff development, and the procedures for staff recruitment are transparent.
- The university’s fragmented structure challenges the effectiveness of the common quality system. The university should look for synergies in its existing structures, processes and responsibilities related to quality assurance and enhancement to overcome overlaps and inefficiency in its use of resources.
- Common data management practices, reporting and integrated data sources would support more coherent processes and quality management at the university.
- The university should have a more systematic approach to measuring and developing staff wellbeing.