The evaluation area III assesses the functioning and development of the quality system and how the system is used in strategic management. The procedures used to support the competence development and well-being of the staff are also assessed.
Based on the audit team’s evaluation, the evaluation area III is at the level excellent.
The audit team identified the following as the main strengths and recommendations:
- HAMK has established a comprehensive feedback system to capture input from internal and external stakeholders for the institution’s further development, with students having a strong voice in HAMK’s quality dialogue.
- Well elaborated tools and plans for competence development are diligently linked to the personal development and well-being of staff.
- HAMK’s solid and comprehensive quality management is firmly rooted in the institutional quality culture and fostered by various forms of quality dialogue and quality measures, as well as a purposefully developed quality mindset within the entire institution.
- HAMK should critically reflect and review data production and distribution with a view to make the system more efficient as well as more effective and data analytical for utilisation for improvement and enhancement activities.
- HAMK should define qualitative and/or quantitative indicators for staff satisfaction and well-being measurement to enable a more analytical view of the survey and measurement results.
- HAMK should evaluate the outcomes of the RUN EU alliance, regarding impact and enhancement opportunities for the region and regional development, particularly with regards to competence and skills development.