Title of publication
Audit of Häme University of Applied Sciences
Eva Werner, Mia Brakovic, Henrik Dindas, Kaisa Lähteenmäki-Smith, Marja-Liisa Saarilammi, Karl Holm. Lotta Linko (ed.) self-assessment of Häme University of Applied Sciences
The Higher Education Evaluation Committee’s decision
Häme University of Applied Sciences passed the audit on 15 June 2022.
The Quality Label is valid until 15 June 2028.
The audit team’s evaluation of the evaluation areas I-III
I: HEI creates competence: excellent level
II: HEI promotes impact and renewal: good level
III: HEI enhances quality and well-being: excellent level
HEI as a learning organisation – evaluation area chosen by Häme University of Applied Sciences
IV: Design Factory
Theme and partner for benchlearning
Theme: Design Factory
Partners: The Porto Design Factory and inno.space Design Factory Mannheim
Key strengths and recommendations
- HAMK uses various feedback channels to capture input from students, staff and external stakeholders and thus identify areas of further development. This constant improvement of the quality of education creates a motivating atmosphere for studying.
- HAMK has succeeded in creating an inspiring and innovative organisational culture, which engages both staff and students, and interacts systematically with the local and regional stakeholders.
- HAMK’s solid and comprehensive quality management is firmly rooted in the institutional quality culture and fostered by various forms of quality dialogue and quality measures as well as a purposefully developed quality mindset within the entire institution.
- Multi-disciplinarity and the provision of contact points between students and working life prepare students for their future professional life and well translate HAMK’s vision of being the most work-place -oriented HEI.
- HAMK should redirect attention to the design and form of assignments with regards to the three different study methods offered, so that courses with comparable objectives and content bear a comparable workload.
- To solidify its societal relevance and impact, further development of systematically monitored and maintained relationships with regional and local actors, focusing on competence and solution-driven collaboration, is to be maintained.
- HAMK should critically reflect and review data production and distribution with a view to make the system more efficient, as well as more effective and analytical data for utilisation for improvement and enhancement activities.
- HAMK should further develop communication on the benefits of Design Factory to students and external stakeholders to gain more visibility and enhance impact.