The Higher Education Evaluation Committee’s decision
The HEI passed the audit.
The Quality Label is valid until
23 January 2025
The audit team’s evaluation of the evaluation areas I-III
I: HEI creates competence: good level
II: HEI promotes impact and renewal: good level
III: HEI enhances quality and well-being: excellent level
Learning HEI – evaluation area chosen by Novia
Novia’s Nordic networks and cooperation
Theme and partner for benchlearning
Societal impact and development of higher education activities in Turku region, case maritime education and marine technology
Partner: Turku University of Applied Sciences
According to the audit team, Novia’s key strengths and areas for development are
- Working-life relevance is a principle that strongly guides the planning and implementation of degree programmes.
- Novia’s five campus areas are a result of systematic interaction with the business sector and other regional actors. The campus areas provide a good basis for Novia’s operations.
- The quality system is implemented in a way which supports the institution’s strategic development work.
- The Nordic cooperation and networks enrich and enhance Novia’s operations.
Areas for development
- The new course evaluation system should become a useful tool for course development.
- The sharing of information and knowledge between Novia’s units and focus areas could be strengthened.
- Novia can further develop the ways in which good practices are shared systematically within the institution.
- Quality enhancement could be further emphasised in the institutional level follow-up of the strategic objectives related to Nordic activities.